Author Topic: Guild Application: Vock  (Read 801 times)

Guild Application: Vock
« on: April 25, 2017, 01:26:12 PM »
Raid Team Applying For (Mythic or Heroic) Team 2 - Two nights a week relaxed Progression

Character Name: Vock

Battletag: brin#1324

Class & Spec: Paladin (holy)

Offspec - Are you comfortable playing your Off-Specs?
  • Comfortable playing either tank or ret as offspec.
    I enjoy mixing up specs to ensure that I have a good knowledge of fights from different perspectives.
    (I don't expect this within the raid but will do it within mythic plus LFR etc).

Artifact: - Number of Artifacts traits learnt -  Holy (39)Tank (39) Ret (37)

Age & Location: 34 years old, i live in Wellington  New Zealand

Current Server: - Server transfer's welcome - caelestrasz-nagrand

Armory Link: - Please ensure you have logged out in your raid gear - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/Vock/simple

Please Select your current Audio setup? - Yes - Headset

Gaming System - Please provide us details about you Internet Connection and Computer.
  • i7 4790
    8mb ram
    invidia GTX 970 - can run on max settings

VDSL Broadband - no internet issues at all

UI & Addon's - Please provide a screenshot of your UI and a list of current addon's you are using.

• Batender 4
    Decursive
    GottaGoFast
    Recount
    Titan Panel
    Deadly boss mods

Guilds - Please tell us your current guild and list any previous guilds you have been with a brief explanation as to why you left.
  • The older Gamers - thorns of gold
    Have been with them from the very beginning.

Leaving only because i'm looking for a earlier raid time as they are all Australian and raid late.
    Raid Experience - Please provide your experience with current raids only. You may list any proud achievements from previous raids.
    • I have been playing wow since the end of vanilla. I raided  through all expansions (skipped panda land) since burning crusade as a mix of healer tank.
      Always on time with food, flash and a good attitude.

I have a good understand of all the mechanics that have been thrown at us.

Logs - We need to see logs to be accepted into mythic team, things like rotation and up time are important to us, and allow us to measure you against our current team.

Raid Times - Do you understand our commitment to making raid times? - Yes making raid times is extremely important to me, I don't think I have been late to a raid without sufficient reasoning ever.

Do you know anyone within the guild - NO

Your Role - Please give us a brief explanation of your role within a raid.
    • All classes - ensure that you don't take unnecessary damage (ie don't stand in fire). learn the mechanics of a boss fight and know your class back to front and others the best you can.

Healer: ensure that raid members don't die. Co-ordinate and communicate cooldowns with other healers or tanks to top up or mitigate heavy damage spikes (ie use of big Cool downs). Utilize your utility ie BOP, blessing of sacrifice (if a dps has a add on them or is going to take heavy physical damage - ie impaling spear from warload Parjesh in EoA). communicate dispels and get on these asap.

Tank - mitigate and absorb as much damage that your self or other raid members might face. Communicate effectively with raid members and offtank to ensure dispells and taunts are done correctly. Make sure you maintain threat on all mobs and only pull what is necessary. Boss positioning is critical!

Ret - stay alive, maximize dps either focus target or aoe as per NEED (not just to get the "best dps"). utilise utility to support healers and tanks/other raid member ie BOP, flash heal (DONTdie when you could have popped a heal - ie Lay on hands to save the day.

Progression - During a progression night we may wipe a lot while learning the fight are you able to handle these nights?
    • yes no problem, this is part of the experience and makes the wins so much more satisfying

Guild Tag - If invited to the guild you will be wearing our guild tag, We require our members to not slander or abuse other people either in chat or any public forum, is this likely to ever be a problem with you?
    • no

Yourself - Give us a brief description of yourself.
    • I'm am a physiotherapist by trade. I enjoy a good laugh and joke. I also enjoy boardgames.
      Look forwards to beating some bosses!!

vovk

Re: Guild Application: Vock
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:44:54 PM »
    I am happy to provide more wow logs as needed? or a trial run...

vock

Offline Slushi

• Class Leader
    • kek
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:02:32 PM »
    we will discuss this app tonight,hopefully a reply will come in the next few days

Offline entrust

• Class Leader
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
    Hi Vock,

thanks for the app.

We're definitely interested! I'll need to check with heal leaders before I can give you an answer, but please come along a thursday or sunday raid and we'll have a chat.
    Rust

VOck

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
    Great, look forward to it.

What time is the raid on Sunday?
    Is there a character i should message to get an invite?

Vock

brin

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »
    Ready to roll. for Sunday raid.
    I understand its at 5:30.

How can i source a invite?

vock

Offline entrust

• Class Leader
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
    Hi Vock,

Great to have you along. Given we're looking for a last healer to fill the team we're looking for someone who's a little more practiced.

We understand that you're new and so can offer for you to keep coming along on sunday run to show off how your progressing.
    You're also welcome to join the guild as social member until you sort out where you'll land if you wish.

We'll talk in game to decide what's best for you.
    Rust

Vovk

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
    Hey,

Thanks for the opportunity to raid with you and your team. I am definitely still keen to make team 2 and progress. If I could meet with you to discuss and determine what is required to "make the cut" that would be great. Happy to put all the effort in that is needed.
    Having reviewed my wow logs your critique would be valuable to me as I want to improve as much as I can and committed to do so.

Vock

Offline Logbo

• The hand of the King
    • Administrator
    • Sep 21, 2009 Logbo joined guild Distortion
      • View Profile
      • Facebook
    « Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
    jump on our discord tomorrow ill make one of the two night a week team talk to you.