Author Topic: Guild Application: Core  (Read 1593 times)

Guild Application: Core
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:53:01 PM »
Raid Team Applying For (Mythic or Heroic) Team 2 - Two nights a week relaxed Progression

Character Name: Core

Battletag: TotalSyn#11605

Class & Spec: Resto Shaman - 898ilvl

Offspec - Are you comfortable playing your Off-Specs?
  • I have a properly geared 898ilvl elemental shaman OS, and am very comfortable playing this.  My enhancement spec is 895ilvl also, and I can play this too if required.

Artifact: - Number of Artifacts traits learnt - 907ilvl, 52 points

Age & Location: 34y, Auckland NZ

Current Server: - Server transfer's welcome - Proudmoore-US

Armory Link: - Please ensure you have logged out in your raid gear - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/proudmoore/core

Please Select your current Audio setup? - Yes - Headset

Gaming System - Please provide us details about you Internet Connection and Computer.
  • Unable to give exact specs as I'm at work, but will post these as soon as I'm home.  I run on a gaming PC, max settings with 16gb RAM.  Never had a problem.

UI & Addon's - Please provide a screenshot of your UI and a list of current addon's you are using.
  • I run a very minimalist UI:

ElvUI
    DBM
    Altoholic
    Decursive
    VuhDo
    Skada

That's about it.  Again, I'm at work.  Happy to screenshot when I'm home.

Guilds - Please tell us your current guild and list any previous guilds you have been with a brief explanation as to why you left.
  • Taint - Proudmoore - Social

Raiding Guilds:

Nazgul - Proudmoore - Horde - Cata
    Black Wolf Mercenaries - Proudmoore - Alliance - Wrath
    Renasance - Proudmoore - Alliance - BC / Wrath
    Tranquility - Proudmoore - Alliance - BC

Movement between raiding guilds was years apart and mostly due to expansion change.  My guilds tended to burn out towards the end of an expansion and naturally conclude their raid careers.

I've been a casual player since Pandaria and my toons have mostly been in the Horde guild Taint on Proudmoore for social reasons.
    Raid Experience - Please provide your experience with current raids only. You may list any proud achievements from previous raids.
    • Prior Pandaria to that I was a Hardcore raider from the beginning of BC-Cata, and am familiar with the requirements and expectations of a raider in a high end guild.

I'm a healer through and through, and I have a real passion for the role.  I am always reading guides, watching twitch streams and tweaking my settings to maximize my performance.  You will rarely find me outside of this spec in an instanced environment.

I am comfortable playing healers of every class, and often switch between them to keep my knowledge up to date.  Though I always gravitate back to Resto Shaman as that is my jam!

I have 100+ level toons of every class and understand the role of all of them within the game.  DPS wise I prefer casters over melee (though I'm fond of DH), and Warlock is my most commonly used DPS.

Logs - We need to see logs to be accepted into mythic team, things like rotation and up time are important to us, and allow us to measure you against our current team.
    • Happy too when home from work!

Raid Times - Do you understand our commitment to making raid times? - I am a very punctual person, and I totally get it.

Do you know anyone within the guild - No, but I'd like to.

Your Role - Please give us a brief explanation of your role within a raid.
    • My role as a healer is to bring the heals!

But more specifically it is to know everything there is to know about my class and the healing team I am working with, so that I can maximize my performance, and make sure all the bases are covered.

I am aware that as a healer, a moments inattention can spell the difference between a kill and being killed.  To that end I make sure that I turn up to raids well rested and fully focused.

Progression - During a progression night we may wipe a lot while learning the fight are you able to handle these nights?
    • I know these nights well, yes, I can handle these.  It makes the kills sweeter!

Guild Tag - If invited to the guild you will be wearing our guild tag, We require our members to not slander or abuse other people either in chat or any public forum, is this likely to ever be a problem with you?
    • I take pride in my guild.  Your reputation is why I am applying.

Yourself - Give us a brief description of yourself.
    • I am a pretty cool gaming guy.  I am easy going and friendly, focused and fun.

IRL I am an insurance professional and I manage a team of 20 people.  I have recently moved back to NZ from living in the USA for 7 years, so I do have a bit of an accent >.

Core

Core

Re: Guild Application: Core
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 08:25:02 PM »
    And finally, as promised my UI  :)

Offline Slushi

• Class Leader
    • kek
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:25:13 AM »
    ill get someone to look at your app asap!

Offline Dazz

• Class Leader
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
    Hey core, I have had a good look through your logs and kills,  While your numbers for your ilvl are decent and your app sounded solid, You don't have the experience or ilvl to jump straight into one of our groups at this point (1xfull clear H NH 4xN NH) seeing as both our groups are on the later end of mythic NH and have quite solid healers.  However if you would like to jump in and prove yourself on our casual sunday runs we can definitely invite you as a social member and see how you go. 

Just hit up any of the officers if this is the path you want to choose :).

Core

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 12:54:19 PM »
    Of course I understand, that is perfectly reasonable feedback that I expected.  :)

I have only recently myself decided to commit to a more serious raid schedule again.  I wouldn't be a raider unless I was willing to prove myself, and I accept your challenge to do so.

To be honest, the opportunity to hang out with a bunch of people in my own time zone is more than enough to make me interested in the guild.  I will get in touch with one of your officers in due course, and I look forward to contributing to the guild in any way I can.

Cheers!

Offline Logbo

• The hand of the King
    • Administrator
    • Sep 21, 2009 Logbo joined guild Distortion
      • View Profile
      • Facebook
    « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 12:03:01 PM »
    Dearest "Core" may I call you Apple?
    great attitude. come a long to our social runs on sunday, this will give you an opportunity to gain ilvl parity and hit the ground running on an even playing filed for ToS. Welcome aboard.