Author Topic: Guild Application: blėnd  (Read 970 times)

Guild Application: blėnd
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
Raid Team Applying For (Mythic or Heroic) Team 1 - Three Nights a week Progression

Character Name: blėnd

Battletag: blind#11251

Class & Spec: Arcane Mage

Offspec - Are you comfortable playing your Off-Specs?
  • Yes

Artifact: - Number of Artifacts traits learnt - 75

Age & Location: 30 New Zealand

Current Server: - Server transfer's welcome - aman'thul

Armory Link: - Please ensure you have logged out in your raid gear - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/amanthul/bl%C3%ACnd

Please Select your current Audio setup? - Yes - Headset

Gaming System - Please provide us details about you Internet Connection and Computer.
  • Fibre - 950mbps/500

Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K 4.00Ghz
    Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GeForce GTX970 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0
    Corsair  Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-266
    Samsung 850 EVO Series 500GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
    Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Intel Z170, , DDR4, ATX, SLI/Crossfire Motherboard

UI & Addon's - Please provide a screenshot of your UI and a list of current addon's you are using.

Guilds - Please tell us your current guild and list any previous guilds you have been with a brief explanation as to why you left.
  • sidhe (vanilla, us frostwolf)
    which became world famous (ran a 10man  team for the heroic hardmodes etc and particpated in the larger normal raid as well)

Transfered to barthilas with friends and started burn phase to continue 10man heroic raiding on a oce server where it was possible to recruit people in a similar timezone
    Until dragonsoul ish where we disbanded for people to focus on rl and take a break from raiding etc

Played casually in world famous through mop at some point free oce server transfers were available and everyone moved to aman'thul

Raided more progressively in pugs on my mage/moonkin and also did wf raids through highmaul + foundry
    Started raiding with Murloc ate my mount on my alt moonkin to help friends flesh out their numbers in highmaul.
    Going into foundry ended up being more of the progression level i was looking for raided with them on my moonkin till the end of brf and swapped over to my mage for hfc onwards (which had been my main since mop)
    continued raiding with them and still am, however mamm is a heroic only guild without the numbers to do mythic or the desire to push further from half the players) and the heroic content is somewhat easy for most of the team so it doesnt last long
    Raid Experience - Please provide your experience with current raids only. You may list any proud achievements from previous raids.
    • raided on few characters over the years (from memory)
      rogue (vanilla/bc/wrath)
      Spriest (bt/ssc ish)
      Ele shaman (bt/hyjal/sunwell?)
      Raided on mage/ele and resto shaman and rogue through all of wrath doing all the 10m hardmodes/acheives etc)
      Quite fondly remember doing a tribute to insanity at current content as rshaman.
      Was proud of the team getting 10man heroic rag at current as well, a lot of progress wipes there.

Logs - We need to see logs to be accepted into mythic team, things like rotation and up time are important to us, and allow us to measure you against our current team.

Raid Times - Do you understand our commitment to making raid times? - Yes

Do you know anyone within the guild - No

Your Role - Please give us a brief explanation of your role within a raid.
    • aside from dps, adapting to and dealing with mechanics.
      understanding the strengths (burst dmg, consistent and burst aoe, mobility,soaking) and weakness (aoe outside of melee, 2target cleave,unexpected movement) of my class.
      working as part of a team.
      Calling relevant mechanics (eg can/cant soak/interupt etc)
      Understanding when and why to swap gear/legendaries/talents or use an offspec.
      Keeping up to date with out of raid activities that support progression (weekly mythic+, ap etc)

Progression - During a progression night we may wipe a lot while learning the fight are you able to handle these nights?
    • Yes

Guild Tag - If invited to the guild you will be wearing our guild tag, We require our members to not slander or abuse other people either in chat or any public forum, is this likely to ever be a problem with you?
    • No

Yourself - Give us a brief description of yourself.
    • am a business analyst for a govt department.
      have 3 pet parrots which you might here on voice comms.
      Played wow since jan/feb 2005
      During wod started getting into the economy game as content was pretty sparse, run out of economy goals during legion though (spider/spectral tiger/300mounts), should be interesting starting up again on Caelestrasz/Nagrand.
      Cleared nearly all raid bosses at current content (except for the last 2-3 of sunwell before the xpac) and did the non mythic bosses through mop/wod when i played more casually.
      Ran my own 10man team from the naxx redo-until dragonsoul ish

Looking for a larger guild where there are more people online regularly to chat/do mythic+ etc, with nz friendly raid times and the chance to get back into mythic raiding to surpass the hardest content in the game while its relevant (ie get cutting edge)
      Even if i am unsuccessful for team 1 i would still be interested in raiding with team 2 with the view of progressing to team 1 at some point as it becomes available.

Currently play mage, enhance/resto shaman, brew/ww monk and in the process of lvling my rogue to 110 for nostalgia

Offline Logbo

• The hand of the King
    • Administrator
    • Sep 21, 2009 Logbo joined guild Distortion
      • View Profile
      • Facebook
    Re: Guild Application: blėnd
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:30:43 PM »
    thanks for adding me to real id. ill chat next time your on.